Madigan Army Medical Center Repair and Renovations
Originally constructed in 1943, Madigan Army Medical Center included about 60, single-story brick buildings. It included 1,567 beds and could accommodate up to 2,500 beds in an emergency.
In 1990, a new 414-bed hospital replaced the old facility. The original campus then served limited outpatient and administrative purposes. Over the past 18 years, many of the underused buildings have been upgraded and serve today's warriors and families in various outpatient counseling and training capacities.
Since 2007, BCE has played a major role in gutting and remodeling more than 20 of the old ward and clinic buildings under 50 separate task orders. BCE has worked as a subconsultant on Design-Build contracts to modernize and upgrade utility systems in each building as appropriate. Work included, but is not limited to, stand-alone boiler and chiller systems, complete replacement of plumbing and electrical systems, and rewiring comms and data services.